In your quiet moments, what do you think
about? How far you’ve come, or how far you
have to go? Your strengths, or your
weaknesses? The best that might happen, or
the worst that might come to be? In your quiet
moments, pay attention to your thoughts.
Because maybe, just maybe, the only thing that
needs to shift in order for you to experience
more happiness, more love, and more vitality, is
your way of thinking.
Here are 60 thought-provoking quotes that will help you adjust your way of thinking
1. You cannot change what you refuse to
2. Sometimes good things fall apart so better
things can fall together.
3. Don’t think of cost. Think of value.
4. Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see
5. Too many people buy things they don’t need
with money they don’t have to impress people
they don’t know.
6. No matter how many mistakes you make or
how slow you progress, you are still way ahead
of everyone who isn’t trying.
7. If a person wants to be a part of your life, they
will make an obvious effort to do so. Think
twice before reserving a space in your heart for
people who do not make an effort to stay.
8. Making one person smile can change the world
– maybe not the whole world, but their world.
9. Saying someone is ugly doesn’t make you any
10. The only normal people you know are the ones
you don’t know very well.
11. Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of
how you react to it.
12. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the
process of loving someone too much, and
forgetting that you are special too.
13. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad
14. As we grow up, we realize it becomes less
important to have more friends and more
important to have real ones.
15. Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The
miracle is to make a single friend who will
stand by your side even when hundreds are
16. Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak,
sometimes it means you are strong enough and
smart enough to let go and move on.
17. Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You
have exactly the same number of hours per day
that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur,
Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da
Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, etc…
18. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a
way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
19. Don’t choose the one who is beautiful to the
world; choose the one who makes your world
20. Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love
21. True love isn’t about being inseparable; it’s
about two people being true to each other even
when they are separated.
22. While you’re busy looking for the perfect
person, you’ll probably miss the imperfect
person who could make you perfectly happy.
23. Never do something permanently foolish just
because you are temporarily upset.
24. You can learn great things from your mistakes
when you aren’t busy denying them.
25. In life, if you don’t risk anything, you risk
26. When you stop chasing the wrong things you
give the right things a chance to catch you.
27. Every single thing that has ever happened in
your life is preparing you for a moment that is
yet to come.
28. There isn’t anything noble about being superior
to another person. True nobility is in being
superior to the person you once were.
29. Trying to be someone else is a waste of the
person you are.
30. You will never become who you want to be if
you keep blaming everyone else for who you are
31. People are more what they hide than what they
32. Sometimes people don’t notice the things
others do for them until they stop doing them.
33. Don’t listen to what people say, watch what
34. Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and
being lonely does not mean you are alone.
35. Love is not about sex, going on fancy dates, or
showing off. It’s about being with a person
who makes you happy in a way nobody else
36. Anyone can come into your life and say how
much they love you. It takes someone really
special to stay in your life and show how much
they love you.
37. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the
fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special
occasion; today is special.
38. Love and appreciate your parents. We are often
so busy growing up, we forget they are also
39. When you have to start compromising yourself
and your morals for the people around you, it’s
probably time to change the people around you.
40. Learn to love yourself first, instead of loving the
idea of other people loving you.
41. When someone tells you, “You’ve changed,” it
might simply be because you’ve stopped living
your life their way.
42. Someone else doesn’t have to be wrong for you
to be right.
43. Be happy. Be yourself. If others don’t like it,
then let them be. Happiness is a choice. Life
isn’t about pleasing everybody.
44. When you’re up, your friends know who you
are. When you’re down, you know who your
45. Don’t look for someone who will solve all your
problems; look for someone who will face them
46. If you expect the world to be fair with you
because you are fair, you’re fooling yourself.
That’s like expecting the lion not to eat you
because you didn’t eat him.
47. No matter how good or bad you have it, wake
up each day thankful for your life. Someone
somewhere else is desperately fighting for
48. The smallest act of kindness is worth more
than the grandest intention.
49. Many people are so poor because the only thing
they have is money.
50. Learn to appreciate the things you have before
time forces you appreciate the things you once
51. When you choose to see the good in others, you
end up finding the good in yourself.
52. You don’t drown by falling in the water. You
drown by staying there.
53. It’s better to know and be disappointed than to
never know and always wonder.
54. There are things that we don’t want to happen
but have to accept, things we don’t want to
know but have to learn, and people we can’t
live without but have to let go.
55. Happiness is not determined by what’s
happening around you, but rather what’s
happening inside you. Most people depend on
others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it
always comes from within.
56. If you tell the truth, it becomes a part of your
past. If you lie, it becomes a part of your
57. What you do every day matters more than what
you do every once in a while.
58. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if
you keep re-reading your last one.
59. Things turn out best for people who make the
best out of the way things turn out.
60. If you don’t like something, change it. If you
can’t change it, change the way you think